3 Jan 2015

Projects for a New Year



Every time a new year rolls around I'm filled with the irresistible urge to start something new. Being the crazy perfectionist I am, it just feels like the most appropriate time. I'm the kind of person who makes New Year's resolutions that I never end up keeping or start some project or another that I never end up finishing. But this year, I'm determined, is going to be different. (I've probably said that every year since I was thirteen but never mind).

 One of my favourite things is keeping books or handwritten journals that are tangible and seem a lot more permanent that anything I can keep on my MacBook (despite the fact that my handwriting is a bit off being "neat"). So I've bought a couple of things that I hope will help me achieve my goals for this year, and I'd like to share them!

Goals Journal



I picked this up as a very rare impulse buy from kikki.K (also check out the Live Bright Collection which is beautiful) because I think I'm a person with a hell of a lot of goals. This book really encourages you to think about your 'dream life' and the person you want to become, whether it be in a year or three or maybe even a decade. I'm always thinking about what the future could hold (or rather what I want it to hold), so it only seemed smart to have a place to write it down and organise it. Maybe I'll actually achieve some of my New Year's resolutions this year. It's also really damn cute so if you like the look of it, go and grab one! You can start it at any month of the year you choose.

Q&A a Day


Proof that things like this aren't just for the New Year, I nabbed this beauty in mid-July last year and started using it straight away. It contains a page for each day of the year and a question, with room for five answers over five years. It doesn't matter when you start, you'll get the same amount out of it! So I guess in a sense this is a project I'm continuing into the New Year, but hey, it still counts. I'm very interested in the possibility of being able to look back in a few years time and see what I was thinking on a particular day. The questions aren't difficult at all, so it's easy enough to get into a routine of writing a couple of lines each night before bed. I haven't failed yet, which is saying something.

I picked this up from Books Kinokuniya in Sydney, but I've also seen it available on Amazon and such.

Let me know if you're doing any little things like this for 2015!

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment