25 Mar 2015

Everyday Makeup



Uni is back and life is rolling on, which means that the number of days I wear makeup per week has increased. I personally prefer to wear at least something to cover up my skin when I leave the house because I have the skin of nightmares (I'm not even kidding, I'm pretty sure people have had terrible dreams about having skin like mine), but I also don't like to go completely all out for just an ordinary day. Over break I decided to cut down on the products I use to save both time and effort, and just stick with the things I like to wear the most. So here they are!



After I moisturise my face (right now I'm using Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel), I apply a pump of Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation and blend with my fingers (the most underrated makeup tool, apparently). If I'm having a particularly bad skin day, I'll mix it with some Garnier Pure Active BB Cream, which does darken it (depending on your skin tone, I just happen to be super pale), but it also creates heavier, more matte coverage.

Next I cover any still-visible spots and the area under my eyes with Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, and blend it in with the Real Techniques Domed Shadow Brush. I then powder over the concealer with the much loved Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder using the Real Techniques Your Base Flawless Powder Brush.

Next up is blush: you can of course use whatever you like, but I tend to use the nice pink of the Chi Chi Mosaic Blush in Pink Peach, applied with the Real Techniques Multi Task Brush. I skip bronzer most days because I prefer having rosier checks to looking more bronzed.

I'm lucky enough to have naturally thick eyebrows (thanks, dad), so I often leave them as is after combing with the Real Techniques Brow-Lash Groomer, but I sometimes use the matte brown in the Chi Chi Classics Palette and an angled brush to fill them in a little. It's also just a really great all-round natural palette that you can use for any eyeshadow needs.

I'm a bit of a mascara addict, so I don't go out without it. At the moment I'm using the Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping Mascara in Blackest Black, which I apply liberally to my top lashes, with just a touch on the bottom ones, too.

The final step, and the one that ties everything together, is lip colour. This is the thing about my makeup routine that I change the most, but the products I frequently use include the Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti, Candy Apple (worn below) and Red Velvet and the Rimmel Apocalips in Celestial. I tend to shy away from lipsticks because I don't have time to be constantly touching up, and even if these products do wear off, they do so pretty naturally so you don't have to worry about it smearing everywhere.


That's my finished look for my average day! Having written it all down, it does seem like quite a lot, but it makes me feel nice so I'm prepared to do it all. 

I hope you enjoyed this peek into my makeup bag!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment