30 Jun 2015

Monthly Playlist: June 2015

Another month has passed (we're halfway through 2015 now what the hell), so it's time for another playlist! This month I've started making my playlists on Spotify, because it's more convenient (soz, 8tracks). If you don't have a Spotify account then you really should get one. It makes it so much easier to find new music and figure out whether you like it enough to buy it. And it's legal! Yay!

You'll probably notice that there is again a lot of K-Pop on this mix, because I apparently just can't stop myself. Some of it's in Japanese this time though, which is fitting, considering that's a language I can actually speak.

If you caught my previous post about about my finals procrastination favourites you'll know that I've been listening to Muse and Florence + the Machine's new albums A LOT. Mercy, Reapers, Queen of Peace and Which Witch are some of my favourite tracks off of them (I loved Which Witch from the second I read the title let's be real), although there are so many more. I could basically put the entire albums on this playlist, but what would the point of that be? If you like the tracks on this mix, go check out the albums too!

I've been trying to become more of an "album person" by listening to whole albums in the order that it was intended by the artists. I'm very guilty of just picking some songs from albums and putting them on shuffle (which is cool and makes me happy), but I think albums can be viewed as a whole as works of art, and I want to appreciate that. So, whole albums will probably influence these little favourites playlists well into the future.

I just want to take a moment to talk about Hayley Kiyoko's "Girls Like Girls", because the US Senate legalised same-sex marriage nationwide at the end of this month. This is such an amazing step towards equality, and even though there's still such a long way to go (like the legalisation of same-sex marriage in so many other countries, like Australia, my own home), it's still something to be celebrated. "Girls Like Girls" is a really wonderful song, and I've seen the music video for it around quite a bit, and it's really wonderful. I recommend you go and watch it!

I hope you like some of the songs on this mix!

1. Powerful (feat. Ellie Goulding & Tarrus Riley) - Major Lazer // 2. Reapers - Muse // 3. Work This Body - Walk the Moon // 4. Queen of Peace - Florence + the Machine // 5. Bang Bang Bang - BIGBANG // 6. Mr. Mr. (Japanese Version) - Girls' Generation // 7. Birth In Reverse - St. Vincent // 8. Which Witch - Florence + the Machine // 9. Girls Like Girls - Hayley Kiyoko // 10. View - SHINee // 11. Mercy - Muse // 12. Oh! (Japanese Version) - Girls' Generation // 13. Growl - EXO // 14. Number 9 - T-ara



xx

No comments:

Post a Comment